Become a DTA member to access our free eLearning courses and receive email updates on DTA events
DTA-32984-09-18 : Bedtime to Breakfast – Caring At Night For People With Dementia
4 September, 2018
Estimated time to complete:
Continuing Professional Education
This course explores person-centred care at night for people living with dementia. The focus is residential care settings.
The course consists of 3 modules and covers:
- general education about sleep
- strategies for supporting people with different sleep needs and preferences, and
- tips for carers about how to look after their own well-being, especially those in the night shift workforce.
Primary Learner Setting
- Residential aged care
- Community care
- Also relevant and suitable for other learners from other settings: University, VET, or Research
Target Learner Occupations
- Aged care workers
- Also relevant or of interest to nurses; Allied Health Professionals; night staff generally
Continuing Professional Education Statement
Completion of this course provides 2 hours of professional education – a certificate of completion will be issued after satisfactory course completion which will include passing an online knowledge quiz.
This eLearning course was developed for DTA by the team led by the University of Wollongong, specific credits: Belinda Goodenough, Michael Moriarty, Liz Armitage, and Lesley Knapp. The DTA course development team gratefully acknowledge contributions of the following content experts Deborah Muldoon (Life Care Bedtime to Breakfast Program), Michael Young (UNSW Psychology), Jan Golembiewski (Psychological Design), and Colm Cunningham (featured in video materials developed by the Aged Care Channel).
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund
- Date from September 4, 2018
- Date to September 18, 2018
- Location / Region Free Online Dementia Courses
- Asset Type eLearning
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Inquiry
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Dementia Diagnosis, Dementia Assessment
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, University VET or Research Institute
- Target Occupations Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer, Pharmacist, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Assistant in Nursing, Student Nurse
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- Registration Phone +61 2 4221 5555
Use the button below to express your interest in registering for this course. You will receive instructions regarding how to begin the course just prior to it's start date.
Phone: +61 2 4221 5555
- Registrations Open: 27 Jul 2018
- Registrations Close: 03 Sep 2018
If you don't already have a DTA account, you will need to create one before registeringRegister for this Course