4 December, 2018
Estimated time to complete:
Continuing Professional Education
This course aims to increase understanding of pain assessment and management for people with dementia living in a residential environment.
Recognising and assessing pain in people with dementia who are not able to self-report is difficult and complex. It involves all members of the care team and requires organisational structures and systems which support effective communication. This course explores the organisational attributes which facilitate optimal pain management from the perspective of nurses as clinical leaders at the centre of the care team.
The course consists of 3 modules and covers:
- The recognition of pain
- Assessment of pain
- Treatment and management of pain
Primary Learner Setting
- Residential aged care
Target Learner Occupations
- Registered Nurses
- Enrolled Nurses
Continuing Professional Education Statement
Completion of this course provides 2 hours of professional education – a certificate of completion will be issued after satisfactory course completion which will include passing an online knowledge quiz.
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund.
Dr Margaret Winbolt: Ms Christine While; Professor Andrew Robinson; Professor Elizabeth Beattie; Dr Andrew Stafford; Associate Professor Belinda Goodenough; Ms Angela Casey
- Date from December 4, 2018
- Date to December 18, 2018
- Location / Region Free Online Dementia Courses
- Asset Type eLearning
- Learning Pathway Inquiry, Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia Assessment, Pain Recognition
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care
- Target Occupations Registered Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse
- Target Populations People with dementia living in residential aged care
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- Registration Phone +61 2 4221 5555
Use the button below to express your interest in registering for this course. You will receive instructions regarding how to begin the course just prior to it's start date.
Phone: +61 2 4221 5555
- Registrations Open: 05 Nov 2018
- Registrations Close: 04 Dec 2018
If you don't already have a DTA account, you will need to create one before registeringRegister for this Course