Did you know…
At any time, you can visit your DTA Profile to access your active courses, view your pending course enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and change your password.
Dementia among Veterans Workshop
This two-hour workshop aims to raise awareness about veterans with dementia in Australia and their use of services.
Participants will have an increased awareness of:
- The latest research on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and dementia
- The impact of being a veteran on mood disorders in later life
- The role of alcohol for some veterans in managing mental health issues and the consequences
- Some of the latest research on traumatic brain injury and dementia
- Barriers and enablers to quality care
- Assessment tools and strategies
- Where to go for further information/training (national and state-based).
This is part of a two day symposium consisting of six separate two hour workshops which each focus on the unique needs of individual groups of people living with dementia.
Please follow the link below for more information, registration details and flyers for each individual two hour workshop taking place in Wollongong, NSW on 12th and 13th December 2018
You can attend one workshop in each session time on each day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend.
- Date December 13, 2018
- Time from 11:00 AM
- Time to 01:00 PM
- Location / Region New South Wales/ Wollongong
- Asset Type Workshop
- Learning Pathway Discovery
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Private Practice, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Veterans
- Event Flyer DV-Wollongong-12-13-Dec-2018-FINAL.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- KT Survey Date Range March 2019 - June 2019
Learning OutcomesThis two-hour workshop aims to raise awareness about Veterans with dementia in Australia and their use of services.
This two hour workshop may contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
First floor, Room 112, Bdg 233 (ITAMS)
Innovation Campus, Innovation Way, North Wollongong NSW, Australia