Homelessness and Dementia Workshop
This workshop will increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of people who are (or have been) homeless and are living with dementia. It will assist participants to respond appropriately to people living with dementia and support them effectively, especially in residential aged care.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the most common forms of dementia associated with homelessness
- Identify the most appropriate cognitive screening approach and tools
- Describe the characteristics of high quality residential aged care for people with dementia who are homeless (or at risk of becoming homeless)
- Identify services for homeless people with dementia and know how to access them
- Identify the gaps in services that need to be addressed.