Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and/or Intersex (LGBTI) people and dementia workshop
The workshop will explore who LGBTI people are, their lived experience and discrimination. It will cover the decades of history, LGBTI people in the context of dementia, and identify inclusive dementia and aged care services.
- Understand who LGBTI people are, including terminology (sexuality and language)
- Identify the types and level of discrimination impacting LGBTI people
- Identify social and legislative changes in Australia
- Understand the experience of LGBTI people living with dementia, and their partners
- Identify strategies for inclusive care of LGBTI people living with dementia, and their partners
- Identify and source resources to help implement LGBTI-inclusive aged care/dementia services.