Dementia is a common presentation in general practice. It is the leading cause of death in women in Australia and the second leading cause of death overall.
This webinar has been designed to assist GP's and nurses in their interactions with people with dementia and their family/carers. It will include an interactive discussion with panelists outlining frameworks for making it easier to assess people presenting with dementia.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage with the panel.
- Outline the difficulty in diagnosing and managing dementia despite it being a common cause of death.
- Apply the Inclusion Criteria Framework in assessing patients for a possible diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Dementia.
- Apply the Exclusion Criteria Framework in assessing patients for a possible diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Dementia.
- Recognise features other than memory loss in people with dementia by applying the Domains Framework.
Conducted via Zoom, Commences 7:00pm
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm WA
- 6:30pm - 7:30pm SA/NT
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm NSW/VIC/QLD/TAS/ACT
- Dr Hilton Koppe
Lead Educator, DTA GP Education Team
- Dr Marita Long
- Dr Stephanie Daly
Accreditation:RACGP activity number 206588 (2 points)
Download Event Flyer