General Practice Conference and Exhibition (GPCE)
The General Practice Conference and Exhibition (GPCE) event series is your one-stop-shop to learn, earn CPD points, discover the latest medical innovations and interact with peers and industry leaders – across one weekend.
Fully accredited by RACGP and ACRRM, the GPCE is Australia’s leading CPD event for primary care. With the final year in the 2017-2019 triennium approaching, it’s the perfect place to obtain your remaining CPD points.
Active Learning Modules (ALM) supported by DTA
The timely diagnosis and improved management of dementia
Presented over 4 sessions
By attending this ALM you will be able to:
Enhance your medical and clinical understanding of dementia, highlighting the major challenges in its assessment, treatment and ongoing management. The activity will also address the wider challenges around the care of aged people, including polypharmacy, social and legal issues and dealing with family and carers.
- Earn 40 CPD points/6 CPD hours
- Use the current clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and management of dementia in general practice (NH&MRC 2016)
- Distinguish between dementia and other diseases, including delirium
- Implement strategies for family and carers, in dealing with the impact of a patient living with dementia, utilizing local community support and services available
- Improve Patient safety by implementing a system in the practice using screening tools for all patients over 75 years with memory problems, cognitive impairment and depression.
1 Showground Rd, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127, Australia
Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood WA 6100, Australia
Brisbane Convention Centre
Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Centre Pl, South Wharf VIC 3006, Australia
POSTPONED for 2020
12 - 14 November, 2021