Meaningful Engagement Workshop 1 – St Vincents Care Carseldine
A six-hour workshop aimed at assisting staff to adopt strategies that promote engagement that is meaningful and purposeful.
Regardless of the severity of dementia, the person remains capable of participating in activities and meaningful interactions.
In this workshop participants will:
- Understand what constitutes meaningful engagement
- Identify the strengths and abilities of individual's living with a dementia
- Understand 'who' is the person
- Plan and implement meaningful activities that meet the needs and preferences of individual's (directed and self-directed) to enable them to feel connected and engaged
- Understand the impact the environment has in supporting successful and meaningful engagement in activities.