Royal Freemasons – Meaningful engagement in the care of people living with dementia
- a contemporary definition
- the impact of dementia
- the attributes of activity and engagement
- getting the right fit between the activity, the persons preference and ability
- providing opportunities for engagement
- knowing when a person is engaged or disengaged.
Please contact Alice Wang if you are interested in attending this workshop.
By completing this session participants will be able to:
- Define meaningful engagement and what a person can be meaningfully engaged with.
- Identify the impact of dementia on meaningful engagement
- Describe the attributes of meaningful engagement
- Recognise the right fit between the activity, the persons preference and ability
- Identify the opportunities for engagement in your workplace that could be provided for people with dementia
- Recognise when a person with dementia is meaningfully engaged