Dementia in primary care: Carer, legal and end of life issues
Image supplied by ThinkGP
Coordination of care between the patient, their carer and their family is vital to providing effective end-of-life care in people with dementia.
This education explores support and education for carers of people with dementia, as well as end-of-life issues such as legal processes, palliative care and community support.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the importance of carer issues in managing dementia.
- Discuss decision making, capacity and legal issues.
- Appropriately manage distress, pain and palliation in dementia.
- Describe the role of practice and community nurses and of community education.
- Ensure patient and carer safety by knowing who to call for help, with regard to community services and support and referral pathways.
DURATION: 1 hour
This learning module is delivered by ThinkGP. By clicking the button below, you will be directed to the ThinkGP website.