Appropriate use of benzodiazepines and other sedatives
Certificate of Completion
Learn about the role benzodiazepines and other sedative medications may play in supporting a person experiencing responsive behaviours and use case studies to help you develop an individualised and evidence-based management plan for people in your care.
Suitable for people working in:
Community Care , Primary Care , Residential Care
By completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the role of benzodiazepines and other sedatives in supporting a person with dementia experiencing a responsive behaviour.
- Recognise the risks and common adverse effects that benzodiazepines and other sedatives carry when used in people with dementia.
- Identify target responsive behaviours.
- Develop an appropriate management plan.
- Develop an appropriate withdrawal plan.
In this course, you will complete the following modules:
Continuing Professional Education
Completion of this course provides 4 hours of continuing professional education. A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion.
Benefits of learning with DTA
Increase your knowledge of dementia
Ongoing access to review course content
Real life examples to help you put knowledge into practice
Learn anytime, anywhere
Phone and Tablet friendly
Certificate of Completion
Cost Free for Learners
Continued professional development and education
Learn based on your area of interest
Learning with DTA
Online courses contain modules that have been grouped together based on their topic area. Each module within a course must be completed and in the defined order.
Modules can be completed individually and in any order. You may choose to complete any module, based on your areas of interest.
Some modules may have prerequisites. If a module has a prerequisite you’ll need to complete that first to ensure you have the essential prior knowledge required. Modules with a prerequisite will be clearly marked.
A Certificate of completion is awarded on successful completion of a DTA course or module. You may use this certificate toward your Continuing Professional Development and Education (CPD/CPEE). Access your Certificates in your Dashboard.
Once you have logged into the DTA website, you can access your learner Dashboard by clicking the green “My Dashboard” button in the top right corner of the website. Available 24/7, your Dashboard provides access to:
- View your courses enrolments
- Begin or continue a course
- View courses you have completed
- Apply for an extension
- View Training Programs you are involved in
- Download Certificates of Completion
- Manage your personal details
Start now or later
Click 'Start Now' to begin any course or module right away. Not quite ready? Choose 'Start Later' to schedule a course or module to begin any date in the coming weeks. We’ll send you an email reminder when it's time to begin.