Creating supportive environments for people living with dementia
Certificate of Completion
Explore why environments matter and how you can help support transformation of the places you work to better support people living with dementia.
Suitable for people working in:
Mixed , Acute Care , Residential Care
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how buildings affect our perception and behaviour
- Analyse everyday settings to identify strengths and problems for people living with dementia
- Applying design principles to support people living with dementia
- Reflect on how you can support transformation within places you work
- Establish a vision for a way of life
- Support smaller scale living
- Encourage movement outside to gardens
- Set up a project run by an Action Group
- Review a building with our assessment tool
- Write an Action Plan
In this course, you will complete the following modules:
Continuing Professional Education
Completion of this course provides 3 hours of continuing professional education. A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion.
Learning with DTA
Online courses contain modules that have been grouped together based on their topic area. Each module within a course must be completed and in the defined order.
Modules can be completed individually and in any order. You may choose to complete any module, based on your areas of interest.
Some modules may have prerequisites. If a module has a prerequisite you’ll need to complete that first to ensure you have the essential prior knowledge required. Modules with a prerequisite will be clearly marked.
A Certificate of completion is awarded on successful completion of a DTA course or module. You may use this certificate toward your Continuing Professional Development and Education (CPD/CPEE). Access your Certificates in your Dashboard.
Once you have logged into the DTA website, you can access your learner Dashboard by clicking the green “My Dashboard” button in the top right corner of the website. Available 24/7, your Dashboard provides access to:
- View your courses enrolments
- Begin or continue a course
- View courses you have completed
- Apply for an extension
- View Training Programs you are involved in
- Download Certificates of Completion
- Manage your personal details
Start now or later
Click 'Start Now' to begin any course or module right away. Not quite ready? Choose 'Start Later' to schedule a course or module to begin any date in the coming weeks. We’ll send you an email reminder when it's time to begin.
Increase your knowledge of caring for a person experiencing dementia-related responsive behaviours and explore how people with dementia may express their needs through behaviour, rather than word.Suitable for people working in:
Explore how dementia impacts the physiology of the brain and its effects on an individual’s ability to perform activities of daily living.Suitable for people working in: