Recognition of Pain
Certificate of Completion
This module presents an overview of pain in people living with dementia and the recognition of pain in the absence of the ability to self-report
Suitable for people working in:
Residential Care , Acute Care , Community Care , Mixed
This module is part of the course:
The Pain puzzle
Recognition of Pain
This module has five sections:
- In this section you are asked to complete a short knowledge quiz
Overview of pain in people with dementia
- In this section a overview of pain in people living with dementia is presented
Recognising pain in the absence of verbal communication
- In this section non-verbal signs of pain are discussed.
- In this section you are prompted to think about the information presented in previous sections.
- In this section you are asked to respond to a series of multiple choice questions which will be assessed.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
Describe the importance of optimal pain management in people living with dementia
Describe how to recognise pain in the absence of verbal communication
Continuing Professional Education
A completion certificate for CPD credit is awarded upon completion of this module.
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund.
Dr Margaret Winbolt
Ms Christine While
Professor Andrew Robinson
Professor Elizabeth Beattie
Dr Andrew Stafford
Associate Professor Belinda Goodenough
Ms Angela Casey
Learning with DTA
Online courses contain modules that have been grouped together based on their topic area. Each module within a course must be completed and in the defined order.
Modules can be completed individually and in any order. You may choose to complete any module, based on your areas of interest.
Some modules may have prerequisites. If a module has a prerequisite you’ll need to complete that first to ensure you have the essential prior knowledge required. Modules with a prerequisite will be clearly marked.
A Certificate of completion is awarded on successful completion of a DTA course or module. You may use this certificate toward your Continuing Professional Development and Education (CPD/CPEE). Access your Certificates in your Dashboard.
Once you have logged into the DTA website, you can access your learner Dashboard by clicking the green “My Dashboard” button in the top right corner of the website. Available 24/7, your Dashboard provides access to:
- View your courses enrolments
- Begin or continue a course
- View courses you have completed
- Apply for an extension
- View Training Programs you are involved in
- Download Certificates of Completion
- Manage your personal details
Start now or later
Click 'Start Now' to begin any course or module right away. Not quite ready? Choose 'Start Later' to schedule a course or module to begin any date in the coming weeks. We’ll send you an email reminder when it's time to begin.