Treatment and management of pain
Certificate of Completion
This module raises awareness of the importance of individualised treatments, based on information gained from the comprehensive assessment. Better understand the importance of evaluating the effectiveness of treatment interventions.
This module has prerequisite requirements
Suitable for people working in:
Residential Care , Acute Care , Community Care , Mixed
This module is part of the course:
The Pain puzzle
Treatment and management of pain
This module is has five sections:
Treatment of pain
- In this section options for treating pain are presented.
- In this section you are prompted to think about the information presented in previous section.
The final piece of the puzzle
- In this section the importannce of evaluating the effectiveness of treatment interventions is discussed.
- In this section you are asked to respond to a series of multiple choice questions which will be assessed.
Post course quiz
- In this section you are asked to repeat the knowledge quiz to assist DTA to evaluate the Pain Puzzle course.
After completing this module, participants will be able to:
describe how assessment information informs an individualised treatment plan
describe the importance of an interdisciplinary approach to pain assessment and management in residential aged care
understand the importance of ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the treatment plan
Continuing Professional Education
A completion certificate for CPD credit is awarded upon completion of this course.
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund.
Dr Margaret Winbolt
Ms Christine While
Professor Andrew Robinson
Professor Elizabeth Beattie
Dr Andrew Stafford
Associate Professor Belinda Goodenough
Ms Angela Casey
Learning with DTA
Online courses contain modules that have been grouped together based on their topic area. Each module within a course must be completed and in the defined order.
Modules can be completed individually and in any order. You may choose to complete any module, based on your areas of interest.
Some modules may have prerequisites. If a module has a prerequisite you’ll need to complete that first to ensure you have the essential prior knowledge required. Modules with a prerequisite will be clearly marked.
A Certificate of completion is awarded on successful completion of a DTA course or module. You may use this certificate toward your Continuing Professional Development and Education (CPD/CPEE). Access your Certificates in your Dashboard.
Once you have logged into the DTA website, you can access your learner Dashboard by clicking the green “My Dashboard” button in the top right corner of the website. Available 24/7, your Dashboard provides access to:
- View your courses enrolments
- Begin or continue a course
- View courses you have completed
- Apply for an extension
- View Training Programs you are involved in
- Download Certificates of Completion
- Manage your personal details
Start now or later
Click 'Start Now' to begin any course or module right away. Not quite ready? Choose 'Start Later' to schedule a course or module to begin any date in the coming weeks. We’ll send you an email reminder when it's time to begin.