Too much of a good thing: fundamentals of deprescribing
Certificate of Completion
Maximising benefit and minimising harm; Learn how you can support the deprescribing process in older people living with dementia.
Suitable for people working in:
Respite Care , Palliative Care , Residential Care , Acute Care , Primary Care , Community Care
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify aged care residents at risk from their use of multiple medicines
- Describe the difference between medicine use for prevention and symptom control
- Explain why many conditions may be best managed without the use of medicines
- Describe the benefits and risks associated with deprescribing
- Explain the general process of deprescribing
- Discuss how nurses may be involved in deprescribing
In this course, you will complete the following modules:
Continuing Professional Education
Completion of this course provides 1 hour of continuing professional education. A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion.
Learning with DTA
Online courses contain modules that have been grouped together based on their topic area. Each module within a course must be completed and in the defined order.
Modules can be completed individually and in any order. You may choose to complete any module, based on your areas of interest.
Some modules may have prerequisites. If a module has a prerequisite you’ll need to complete that first to ensure you have the essential prior knowledge required. Modules with a prerequisite will be clearly marked.
A Certificate of completion is awarded on successful completion of a DTA course or module. You may use this certificate toward your Continuing Professional Development and Education (CPD/CPEE). Access your Certificates in your Dashboard.
Once you have logged into the DTA website, you can access your learner Dashboard by clicking the green “My Dashboard” button in the top right corner of the website. Available 24/7, your Dashboard provides access to:
- View your courses enrolments
- Begin or continue a course
- View courses you have completed
- Apply for an extension
- View Training Programs you are involved in
- Download Certificates of Completion
- Manage your personal details
Start now or later
Click 'Start Now' to begin any course or module right away. Not quite ready? Choose 'Start Later' to schedule a course or module to begin any date in the coming weeks. We’ll send you an email reminder when it's time to begin.
Learn how to create an evidence-based plan to support the optimisation of antipsychotic medication management for responsive behaviours, in your workplace.Suitable for people working in:
Learn how to look, listen and investigate pain in people living with dementia who are unable to verbalise their discomfort or pain.Suitable for people working in: