Become a DTA member and receive email updates on e-learning and DTA events
This app provides a quick guide to responsive behaviours for health professionals and care staff in all settings and is underpinned by a person-centred approach.
With this app you can quickly look-up common responsive behaviours, find prompts on approaches to consider, and tips on how to respond and help prevent them.
The app includes:
a section on delirium
links to recommended tools for assessing behaviours, delirium and pain
frameworks to help you problem solve and address responsive behaviours
checklists to remind you how to communicate effectively, understand responsive behaviour, and get to know the person living with dementia.
- Asset Type Web Application
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Implementation, Extension
- Topic Areas Responsive Behaviours, Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Private Practice, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care, Ambulance or Paramedic
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support, Researcher
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Culturally and Linguistic Diverse Groups, Younger Onset Dementia, Homeless Persons, Veterans, LGBTIQ, Care Leavers, Rural, Remote, Metropolitan
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing