Responsive Behaviours Toolkit
Lead 15-minute learning sessions on responsive behaviours (RB) in regular staff meetings, at handover time or in a team huddle – using this toolkit!
The learning and training ‘tools’ you’ll find in this toolkit focus on best practice approaches with an emphasis on the person behind the behaviour, as well as specific responsive behaviours and psychological symptoms.
We developed this toolkit in response to health professionals’ requests for a resource to help them educate their health and care staff that would provide:
- brief ‘bite-sized’ training sessions in time-poor environments
- practical approaches to responsive behaviours expressed by people living with dementia in their care.
Topics can be delivered:
in 15 to 20 minutes
in any order and are stand-alone
in any care setting
- explain the concept of responsive behaviours in dementia
- identify models to understand and respond to responsive behaviours
- identify appropriate assessment processes and tools
- identify interventions used to reduce and manage responsive behaviours
Overview of the topics included in the Responsive Behaviours Toolkit
Request access to this resource
Please note: This is a facilitated resource. To access you must be qualified to lead a small group learning in responsive behaviours (e.g. nurse, clinical lead, educator). Please complete the request below stating your role and occupation.
Once access request is approved, access this resource hereAccess Resource