DTA currently uses different terms for behaviour. We will be progressively moving to the term Changed Behaviour in all our content.
Our consultancy service helps staff better understand the causes of changed behaviour (also known as BPSD – Behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia) and finds ways to avoid or reduce them.
About the service
- Small-group online training
- Access to resources
- Support for practice change
We aim to assist organisations create a capacity building education framework around reducing and addressing dementia-related changed behaviour.
This can help ensure staff are trained to provide care in a way that meets the spoken and unspoken needs of residents.
The Changed Behaviour consultancy can complement the services provided by Dementia Support Australia (DSA) through facilitating sustainable facility-wide changes in practice.
The Changed Behaviour Consultancy may help your organisation meet the Aged Care Quality Standards: Standard 3
This consultancy is offered to residential aged care organisations and facilities as a component of a DTA Tailored Training Program.
The 4 components of the Changed Behaviour Consultancy include:
- Assessment of your organisation’s policies and staff’s dementia knowledge. Self assessment of person centered care policies and practices within your organisation.
- Delivery of our Lead and Learn education program including presentations delivered by clinical topic experts
- Support and mentoring sessions
- Follow-up and review
Changed Behaviour Courses
Discover our most popular courses below or browse all courses.
Changed Behaviour Events
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia Training Program