Did you know…
At any time, you can visit your DTA Profile to access your active courses, view your pending course enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and change your password.
Care is now ‘a lot more focused on the resident as the priority, rather than the task’.
In 2013, Catholic Homes Inc began it’s ‘Care with Purpose’ approach to better support people in aged care.
This ability-based model of care, encourages care staff to get to know the person, identify their skills and interests, and use this knowledge, to re-engage them in meaningful job roles and activities.
Join Elizabeth Oliver, Senior Occupational Therapist at Catholic Homes, as she discusses the results of a two year study conducted at Fleming House, a residential care facility for people living with dementia, to evaluate the impact of this care innovation.
- Date November 21, 2018
- Time from 06:00 PM
- Time to 07:00 PM
- Location / Region Western Australia
- Asset Type Guest Lecture
- Learning Pathway Discovery
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support, Management & Administration, Education & Evaluation, Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
- Event Flyer GL-Elizabeth-Oliver-Flyer-FINAL.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking
- Registration Phone (08) 9224 0333 (Mon-Thur 8-4pm WST)
- KT Survey Date Range Nov 2018 - Feb 2019
Senior Occupational Therapist, Catholic Homes Inc
Learning OutcomesThis guest lecture will:
- Provide an overview of 'Care with Purpose'
- Discuss the impact for residents, staff, families and the care environment
- Explore barriers and enablers to implementation
This one hour guest lecture may contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Technology Park Function Centre, 2 Brodie-Hall Drive, Bentley, Western Australia, Australia