Dementia among Veterans Workshop
This two-hour workshop aims to raise awareness about veterans with dementia in Australia and their use of services.
Participants will have an increased awareness of:
- The latest research on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and dementia
- The impact of being a veteran on mood disorders in later life
- The role of alcohol for some veterans in managing mental health issues and the consequences
- Some of the latest research on traumatic brain injury and dementia
- Barriers and enablers to quality care
- Assessment tools and strategies
- Where to go for further information/training (national and state-based).