Did you know…
At any time, you can visit your DTA Profile to access your active courses, view your pending course enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and change your password.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Intersex (LGBTI) people and dementia workshop
The workshop will explore who LGBTI people are, their lived experience and discrimination. It will cover the decades of history, LGBTI people in the context of dementia, and identify inclusive dementia and aged care services.
- Understand who LGBTI people are, including terminology (sexuality and language)
- Identify the types and level of discrimination impacting LGBTI people
- Identify social and legislative changes in Australia
- Understand the experience of LGBTI people living with dementia, and their partners
- Identify strategies for inclusive care of LGBTI people living with dementia, and their partners
- Identify and source resources to help implement LGBTI-inclusive aged care/dementia services.
This is part of a two day symposium consisting of six separate two hour workshops which each focus on the unique needs of individual groups of people living with dementia.
Please follow the link below for more information, registration details and flyers for each individual two hour workshop taking place in Wollongong, NSW on 12th and 13th December 2018
You can attend one workshop in each session time on each day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend.
- Date December 12, 2018
- Time from 02:00 PM
- Time to 04:00 PM
- Location / Region New South Wales/ Wollongong
- Asset Type Workshop
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Sexualities
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Private Practice, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, LGBTIQ
- Event Flyer LGBTI-Wollongong-12-13-Dec-2018-FINAL.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- KT Survey Date Range March 2019 - June 2019
Learning OutcomesThe workshop will explore who LGBTI people are, their lived experience and discrimination. It will cover the decades of history, LGBTI people in the context of dementia, and identify inclusive dementia and aged care services.
This two hour workshop may contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You can attend one workshop in each session time each day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend. Refreshments will not be provided. However, there are cafes within a short walking distance from the venue.
- Registrations Open: 24 Oct 2018
- Registrations Close: 10 Dec 2018
First Floor, Room 112, Bdg 233 (ITAMS)
Innovation Campus, Innovation Way, North Wollongong NSW, Australia