4 December 2018
Estimated time to complete:
Continuing Professional Education
This course is an easily accessible online professional development course that portrays the most up to date advice on dementia in the General Practice setting.
General Practitioners, a neuroscientist, a psychiatric geriatrician, nursing professional and carers share their knowledge, experience and insights in dementia research, education and care.
The course consists of 4 modules and covers:
- Module 1: Recognising Dementia in General Practice
- Module 2: Diagnosing Dementia in General Practice
- Module 3: How does Dementia progress?
- Module 4: Managing Dementia in General Practice
Each module is presented as a video, with a transcript available for those who prefer to read the module content instead.
Primary Learner Setting
- General Practice
Target Learner Occupations – Primary
- General Practitioners
- Primary Health Nurses
Target Learner Occupations – Secondary
- Any one working with people living with dementia
Continuing Professional Education Statement
Completion of this course provides 4 hours of professional education – a certificate of completion will be issued after course completion.
This eLearning course was developed for DTA by the team led by the University of Tasmania. Specific credits: Professor Andrew Robinson, Professor Dimity Pond, Dr Marita Long, Dr Hilton Koppe, Dr Margaret Winbolt and Helen Douglas. The contributions of various General Practitioners, a neuroscientist, a psychiatric geriatrician, nursing professional and carers who have shared their knowledge, experience and insights in dementia research, education and care are acknowledged and appreciated.
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund.
- Date from December 4, 2018
- Date to January 8, 2019
- Location / Region Free Online Dementia Courses
- Asset Type eLearning
- Learning Pathway Implementation
- Topic Areas Responsive Behaviours, Medication Management, Person-Centred Care, Palliative Care, Dementia Diagnosis, Dementia Assessment
- Target Audience Private Practice, Primary Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Medical Specialist, General Practitioner, Psychogeriatrician, Intern or resident
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Rural, Remote
- Knowledge Translation Thinking
- Registration Phone +61 2 4221 5555
Use the button below to express your interest in registering for this course. You will receive instructions regarding how to begin the course just prior to it's start date.
Phone: +61 2 4221 5555
- Registrations Open: 05 Nov 2018
- Registrations Close: 04 Dec 2018
If you don't already have a DTA account, you will need to create one before registeringRegister for this Course